A musculoskeletal injury is an injury to a muscle, bone or joint. It is caused by everyday wear and tear, overuse or by a sudden injury. About 80 percent of musculoskeletal injuries can be treated without surgery.
Nonsurgical/office services include:
- Treatment of acute injuries, overuse injuries and chronic pain
- Comprehensive concussion management, including a complete neurological examination
- Detailed “return to activity” guidelines
- Care for athletes with chronic conditions such as asthma, mononucleosis or diabetes
- Casting, splinting and joint aspirations or injections
- Collaborative care with onsite and experienced rehabilitation therapists
- Convenient access to onsite X-Ray, CT Scan, MRI and laboratory services
- Arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, knee, ankle and elbow
- Joint replacement surgery of the hip, knee and shoulder
- Fracture Management
- Tendon and ligament reconstruction/repair
- Direct anterior approach to hip replacement, which has a shorter recovery time than traditional hip replacement and requires no dislocation precautions for the patient following surgery.